About Me

Michigan, United States
Mother of four. Wife to a Pastor/Church Planter. Lover of life. Stay-at-home Homeschooling Mom. Loves photography, sewing, quilting and reading.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Before Work Hugs and Kisses

L, my four year old daughter, started this routine with me about a month ago. As I would be leaving for work she would run to meet me at the door and give me a quick hug and kiss goodbye. M soon joined in on the fun. Even if they were laying down "napping" they would run quickly out of their bedrooms when they heard me opening the door to leave and give me a hug and kiss. The hugs and kisses have now escalated to whenever they see me dressed in my uniform, almost ready to leave, they will each hug and kiss me and then hug and kiss me as I'm going out the door. Sometimes they will even yell out their bedroom window "goodbye, mom" several times, each I echo with a "goodbye, girls". The last time I left for work I'm surprised I actually made it out the door. Each girls had to have given me at least five or six hugs and kisses, WOW! that was exhausting.

2 comments:

  1. Mommyhood is so rewarding. Sometimes the best part about leaving the house is all the love you get on your way out or on your way home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true... I love my hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete