About Me

Michigan, United States
Mother of four. Wife to a Pastor/Church Planter. Lover of life. Stay-at-home Homeschooling Mom. Loves photography, sewing, quilting and reading.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mourning

"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this:
to visit orphans and widows in their distress,
and to keep oneself unstained by the world"
James 1:27(NASB)


Long story short. We were talking about mourning at Mosaic this weekend and the question was asked, "What do you/should you mourn for?" and "What do you think God mourns for" My answer would be injustice for the innocent.
As Christians I think we sometimes focus on getting the world saved rather than taking care of the needs of the world. We are more concerned about church growth than meeting the needs of the people in our community. We would rather take care of those we know then those we don't know.
I think we are called to help out all with no strings attached. I don't really care if they never show up inside a church. This should be our mission: TO HELP OUT THOSE IN NEED
The Innocent The Poor The Widows The Orphans
I think God mourns for the women and children who are thrown into the sex trade industry. He mourns that we stand around and do nothing.
He mourns for the fatherless and motherless. I think He wishes that we would be more willing to open up our hearts and homes to the orphans of our country.

SHOW ME THE SUFFERING OF THE MOST MISERABLE

Show me the suffering of the most miserable;
So that I will know my people's plight.

Free me to pray for others;
For you are present in every person

Help me to take responsibility for my own life;
So that I can be free at last.

Give me honestly and patience;
So that I can work with other workers.

Bring forth song and celebration;
So that the Spirit will be alive among us.

Let the Spirit flourish and grow;
So that we will never tire of the struggle.

Let us remember those who have died for justice;
For they have given us life.

Help us love even those who hate us;
So we can change the world, Amen.

Cesar Chavez

No comments:

Post a Comment